At Li Family Dental, we combine tried-and-true dental services with the latest advances in technology. The dental crowns Etobicoke patients consider at our office are crafted using a state-of-the-art computer system for same-day crowns that are natural looking and affordable.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are a restorative treatment used when your tooth is too damaged for fillings, but the integrity of your tooth and root are still sturdy and healthy. They “cap” your damaged tooth with an artificial tooth that is permanently secured using dental cement.
Dental crowns appear and feel like natural teeth and can also be used for cosmetic purposes. We use Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramic (CEREC) crowns, allowing us to create your crown at our office while you wait.
When Are Crowns Recommended?
As mentioned, crowns are the best solution when damage to the tooth is too severe for a normal filling. We will recommend a crown in the following cases:
- There isn’t enough of a broken or cracked tooth remaining to support a filling
- To provide a replacement tooth for bridges
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking
- As a cosmetic solution to cover discoloured, misshapen teeth
- As a cosmetic solution to help fill gaps between teeth
- To cover dental implants as a tooth replacement solution
What is a CEREC Crown?
Traditional crowns require several appointments. They are crafted at an offsite dental lab, which can add two or three weeks to the process.
Our CEREC crowns allow us to create beautifully crafted crowns onsite. CEREC crowns create a perfect fit and natural look that can be inserted in just one appointment.
What Happens at My Crown Appointment?
At your appointment, we will create a 3D impression of your mouth using a small camera. This provides precise measurements to ensure a perfect fit for your new tooth. From there, our system will create your ceramic crown while you wait.
We will take the newly milled crown and apply the right tone and glaze to match your teeth perfectly. Once ready, we will insert your crown and cement it firmly in place.
What Are the Benefits of CEREC Crowns?
There are many benefits of CEREC crowns compared to traditional crowns, including:
- Just one appointment compared to two or three for traditional crowns
- The single appointment takes no more than two hours
- Digital impressions are made using a camera, instead of messy dental moulds
- Digital impressions are used in-house unlike traditional dental moulds, which are sent to an outside lab
- The crown is created onsite using our milling unit for better accuracy and fit
- They can last for up to 15 years with proper care
How Can I Use CEREC Crowns to Improve My Smile?
If you are interested in CEREC crowns as a cosmetic treatment, we will provide a consultation to discuss your smile improvement goals. Crowns are ideal for a number of cosmetic issues, including cracks, chips, stains, and teeth that are too short, too long, or misshapen. We will discuss all of your options and provide a budget for each treatment so you can consider what will work best for your needs.
To book an appointment with our team and discuss dental crowns in Etobicoke, please call 647-697-8335.