At Li Family Dental, we help you achieve a whiter, brighter smile with effective whitening treatments. We have the Philips Zoom teeth whitening Etobicoke patients love, and it’s available for both clinic or home use. Zoom provides a profound whitening that will significantly improve the appearance of your smile.
What Are Teeth Whitening Treatments?
Teeth whitening treatments use varying levels of bleaching products to whiten your teeth. Many treatments are available, including over-the-counter treatments at your local drug store. Products range from whitening toothpastes to professional-grade whitening treatments.
What is Zoom Teeth Whitening?
Zoom teeth whitening is a professional-grade whitening treatment using a 25% hydrogen peroxide gel. Zoom provides results more quickly and effectively than over-the-counter products, and you can choose between treatments at home or at our office. The main difference between home and clinic treatments is that clinic treatment is faster and provides whiter teeth with less sensitivity.
What Does a Clinic Treatment Involve?
Clinic treatments usually take about an hour. We will cover your lips and gums and then apply the Zoom whitening gel. We then use an LED light to allow the gel to work harder and faster to breakdown stains. It also helps lessen sensitivity commonly experienced with whitening treatments.
How Does a Take-Home Treatment Work?
We will make an appointment at our office to take impressions of your teeth. The impressions are used to create the trays that you’ll apply at home. Once the trays are ready, you can pick them up at our office. The treatment is applied using the trays either twice daily for 30 minutes or overnight for a couple of nights. Philips Zoom DayWhite (HP formulation) contains stronger hydrogen peroxide, while the night formula contains a milder carbamide peroxide that can be left on longer.
What is Hydrogen Peroxide?
Hydrogen peroxide is a very weak acid that is particularly effective at destroying colour. Its oxidizing properties attack the stains on your teeth by destroying the electrons that trap the colour on your teeth. Hydrogen peroxide makes the stains fall apart, leaving behind your natural white teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Zoom?
There are many benefits to using Zoom, including:
- Zoom products are professional-grade whiteners, containing a higher content of the active ingredients than over-the-counter products.
- The customized trays of the at-home treatment allow you to provide an even application to your teeth, unlike over-the-counter trays.
- Zoom reduces the sensitivity caused by over-the-counter whitening products.
- The Zoom light accelerates whitening.
- Whiter teeth improves your self-esteem.
- You will smile more knowing your teeth are white.
- You will look younger.
- You will have better job prospects.
- You will feel more attractive.
Is Whitening Suitable for Everyone?
There are cases where whitening is not suitable, including:
- You have dental restorations such as crowns, veneers, and bonding.
- You have gum disease or tooth decay.
- You have sensitive teeth or receding gum lines.
- You have stains that will be resistant to treatment.
- You are pregnant or lactating.
We will provide a consultation to assess your dental health and determine if whitening will work for you. If not, we will offer other solutions for whiter teeth and let you know the cost for each option.To book an appointment with our team to discuss teeth whitening in Etobicoke, please call 416-232-2033.