At Li Family Dental, we specialize in creating beautiful, healthy smiles. If you are looking for ideas to improve the appearance of your smile, we offer personalized advice for cosmetic treatments, including veneers. The teeth veneers Etobicoke patients can receive with us are an affordable cosmetic treatment that can greatly improve a number of smile issues.
What Are Teeth Veneers?
Teeth veneers are porcelain “shells” that are permanently attached to your teeth. They are used strictly for cosmetic purposes and offer an affordable treatment when compared to other options, such as crowns.
How Are Teeth Veneers Applied?
We use Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramic (CEREC) veneers, allowing us to create your veneers at our office.
Traditional veneers require two appointments: one to create a mould for your veneers, and a second to apply the veneers. The moulds also have to be sent away to a lab where the veneers are crafted.
With CEREC veneers, we remove those time-consuming steps. You can have beautiful new veneers measured, crafted, and applied all in one appointment.
What Happens at My Veneer Appointment?
At your appointment, we will remove a very thin layer of your tooth enamel to accommodate your new veneers. We can apply a numbing anesthetic if you are concerned about discomfort during the procedure, but it is usually not required.
We will then cast a 3D impression of your teeth with the help of a small camera. This provides the measurements required for our system to create your veneers. Once the veneers are “milled,” we can apply colour and glaze to perfect their appearance. We will then apply a mild chemical to your teeth to roughen the service, allowing the cement to make a solid bond with your tooth and the veneer. Your veneers are then cemented in place.
What Are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers offer many benefits, including:
- They can address cosmetic issues, such as chips, cracks, and discolouration.
- They maintain more of your natural tooth than when using crowns as a cosmetic treatment.
- They improve confidence by offering a new and improved smile.
- They can prevent further tooth discolouration as they are stain resistant.
- They are cavity-resistant.
Are Veneers Available for Anyone?
There are some situations when veneers might not be recommended:
- You have teeth with signs of decay.
- You have periodontal disease or are undergoing treatment for periodontal disease.
- You have limited enamel on your teeth, which will make it difficult for the veneers to form a strong enough bond.
- You do not have enough of your tooth intact to accommodate the veneer.
- You grind or clench your teeth, which will damage your veneers.
The good news is that should you have decay or periodontal disease, we can first address these issues and then set up an appointment for your veneers. Also, in the case of severely damaged teeth or not enough enamel, we can recommend other cosmetic treatments, such as crowns or bonding. We will examine your situation to provide a cosmetic treatment plan and budget that suits your needs.To book an appointment with our team to discuss your teeth veneers in Etobicoke, please call 416-232-2033.